It has been a busy couple months – a couple of my oldest friends have to come to visit with their kids, family have been houseguests and between the theme park visits, dinners and entertaining everyone, I have also been traveling a lot for work… So I am especially happy to have carved out a little time for myself this weekend.
Yesterday, I had a great lesson with my horse, riding around the obstacle course of the back wooded pasture. She was calm and connected and I was more focused than I have been of late. Now the nights are brighter I need to try to ride a couple times a week! I think we need to get out on the trails soon.
This morning the house is empty – all the current houseguests are with my guys at Universal – I stayed home to do laundry, run errands and clear my head before the work week starts again on Monday. However since it is Easter I decided to try a new egg recipe
Baked Eggs in Hashbrown Nests
- Take a packet of thawed Simply Potatoes hash brown potatoes and add some chives, cheese and seasoning.
- After tossing that together in a bowl, spray Pam on a muffin pan and make little nests of the potato mixture
- Put that in the oven at 400 for about 30 minutes, then let cool a little.
- Crack an egg into each nest and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning.
- Bake for about 10 -15 minutes (you need to keep an eye on it since everyone’s ovens vary)
- Sprinkle a little cheese and some shredded prosciutto on top and serve.
It was pretty good even if I do say so myself LOL
Unfortunately I was a little distracted and left them in closer to the 15 minute mark which meant the yolks were quite firm when I had actually wanted them to be soft – the 10 minute mark might have been the right time to take them out since they continue to cook in the pan – Oh well, next time….
Laundry is done, belly is full – I think it may be mani pedi time 🙂